Chorley Photographic Society: Lancashire UK
Welcome to ChorleyPS website!
Click on the “Accordion” Tabs below for a quick overview, or stay awhile and peruse in more detail via the menu above…
The aims of the Society are focused on the advancement of photography as a craft and an art form, while promoting friendship, cooperation and the exchange of ideas among members.
ChorleyPS has grown in membership over the last few years and has been one of Lancashire’s quickest growing Photographic Clubs. All our members are photographers with a wide array of skills and knowledge, ranging from the “keen to learn” beginner through to the professional. So there is an opportunity for everyone to participate.
The activities available to members include an excellent programme of weekly events, which range from lectures from some of the best lecturers available, regular photo competitions for members, a full Summer programme of outings, and occasional extra Practical sessions (which we’ve re-introduced this year, and which are proving very popular with all members.)
As a club we have become increasingly successful in Inter-Club competitions — we’ve been twice selected to represent the Lancashire and Chishire Photographic Union at both Warwick and Deeside in the PAGB Inter-Club Championships; AND were ranked 11th in the International Gold Cup Competition organised by FIAP which is open to entries from all over the World.
Photography is an exciting hobby and when people buy their first digital camera they look for guidance and inspiration on how to use their camera or how to take better photographs. Chorley Photographic Society can provide that guidance and help.
As you explore the website you will appreciate the talent of our members and the range of activities available to you. I invite you to join us and have fun with your photography!
Sarah Yeoman (President)
NB: You can return to this page at any time by clicking on “Chorley Photographic Society” at the top of any page.
That club is ChorleyPS! To win any of these competitions is a significant achievement, but to win all of them in the same season is simply outstanding, and a historic first!
…and ChorleyPS has just gained the Silver Medal at the PAGB PDI Championships, in Warwick!
It is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through its membership of the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union.
It’s a Non-Profit making organisation — and a Registered Charity (Number: 701819)
Click on “ABOUT” in the top menu for more details and a map of where we meet.
Our venue:- We meet in the Function Room of Chorley Cricket Club, Sandringham Rd, Chorley PR7 1LG. on Monday Evenings. You may contact:
- President: 07990 553 455 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: 07876 480172 email@example.com
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further contact details can be found under the “ABOUT” menu at the top of the page, OR click here: ChorleyPS contact details.
The room is open from about 7:00pm and meetings start at 7:30 (if it’s a competition) or 8:00(if it’s a Lecture.)
Whenever we can, we hold a session before the main lecture meeting, to raise member’s awareness of photographic techniques.
You can get full details of the Season’s Programme from the “Coming Soon” widget in the sidebar and the “PROGRAMME” menu.
You can also get a map and directions from the “ABOUT” menu.
During the Summer many members choose to meet informally and participate in a variety of photographic outings on Monday evenings.
See also the “Practical Tuesdays” TAB
A small charge may be made to cover the room hire.
You can get a map from the “ABOUT” Menu, and Members can get further details and download any course notes from the “MEMBERS’ AREA“.
See also the “Monday Meetings” TAB.
- You may see the full season’s programme – including other events of interest and past events – from the “PROGRAMME” menu.
- There are details of “COMPETITIONS“, including League Competitions, results and League Tables, plus information about external competitions and Club successes.
- Galleries of Members’ photos. These are watermarked to discourage use by anyone else. You can see more details from the “GALLERIES” menu. You can upload your own image for “PICTURE OF THE WEEK”!
- A “MEMBERS’ AREA” contains some pages accessible only by logged-in ChorleyPS members. It contains Course Notes from Practical Thursdays, Tips & Tricks and other items of interest to ChorleyPS members.
- “JOIN ChorleyPS” on-line. You can pay your Subs on-line and can also let us know of changes to your contact details.
- We’ve recently added RSS feeds and Twitter and plan much, much more…