Chorley Photographic Society: Lancashire UK
Welcome to ChorleyPS website!
Click on the “Accordion” Tabs below for a quick overview, or stay awhile and peruse in more detail via the menu above…
Photography is an exciting hobby and when people buy their first digital camera they frequently look for guidance, inspiration or how to take better photographs. Chorley Photographic Society can provide that guidance and help and our members have a wide array of skills and knowledge, ranging from the “keen to learn” beginner through to the professional.
- Regular Monday evening meetings with visiting lecturers, competitions, presentations and social gatherings.
- Practical Tuesdays, which are tutorials based on the use of equipment and software tools, such as Photoshop.
- Our Critique Group meets to support members wishing to improve their standard of photography and enter images into International competitions.
- During the Summer months, we run a full schedule of outdoor photography shoots, at least weekly.
That club is ChorleyPS! To win any of these competitions is a significant achievement, but to win all of them in the same season is simply outstanding, and a historic first!
…and ChorleyPS has just gained the Silver Medal at the PAGB PDI Championships, in Warwick!
It is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through its membership of the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union.
It’s a Non-Profit making organisation — and a Registered Charity (Number: 701819)
Click on “ABOUT” in the top menu for more details and a map of where we meet.
Our venue:- We meet in the Function Room of Chorley Cricket Club, Sandringham Rd, Chorley PR7 1LG. on Monday Evenings. You may contact:
- President: email@example.com
- Secretary: 07876 480172 firstname.lastname@example.org
- General enquiries: email@example.com
Further contact details can be found under the “ABOUT” menu at the top of the page, OR click here: ChorleyPS contact details.
The room is open from about 7:00pm and meetings start at 7:30 (if it’s a competition) or 8:00(if it’s a Lecture.)
Whenever we can, we hold a session before the main lecture meeting, to raise member’s awareness of photographic techniques.
You can get full details of the Season’s Programme from the “Coming Soon” widget in the sidebar and the “PROGRAMME” menu.
You can also get a map and directions from the “ABOUT” menu.
During the Summer many members choose to meet informally and participate in a variety of photographic outings on Monday evenings.
See also the “Practical Tuesdays” TAB
A small charge may be made to cover the room hire.
You can get a map from the “ABOUT” Menu, and Members can get further details and download any course notes from the “MEMBERS’ AREA“.
See also the “Monday Meetings” TAB.
- You may see the full season’s programme – including other events of interest and past events – from the “PROGRAMME” menu.
- There are details of “COMPETITIONS“, including League Competitions, results and League Tables, plus information about external competitions and Club successes.
- Galleries of Members’ photos. These are watermarked to discourage use by anyone else. You can see more details from the “GALLERIES” menu. You can upload your own image for “PICTURE OF THE WEEK”!
- A “MEMBERS’ AREA” contains some pages accessible only by logged-in ChorleyPS members. It contains Course Notes from Practical Thursdays, Tips & Tricks and other items of interest to ChorleyPS members.
- “JOIN ChorleyPS” on-line. You can pay your Subs on-line and can also let us know of changes to your contact details.
- We’ve recently added RSS feeds and Twitter and plan much, much more…